Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Learning Style Questionaire Results

Results for: Jonathan Paul Arteaga


ACT X REF
11 9 7 5 3 1 1 3 5 7 9 11
<-- -->

SEN X INT
11 9 7 5 3 1 1 3 5 7 9 11
<-- -->

VIS X VRB
11 9 7 5 3 1 1 3 5 7 9 11
<-- -->

SEQ X GLO
11 9 7 5 3 1 1 3 5 7 9 11
<-- -->




Above are my results. As I expected I have a very strong visual preference over verbal preference in my learning style. I have always known this since I typically remember images and graphs during tests and exams and it is usually is my crutch when I need to remember details.

The results also show I am a slight intuitive learner and reflective learner as opposed to an active and sensing learner. I do often tend to muse over concepts during class and let them sink into my memory. I also use much of my intuition in guessing what steps should be taken in problem solving or what solutions might work.

Finally, the results show a balance between myself being a sequential learner and global learner. I think I tend to use both of these strategies. I like to learn material in sequence because it helps me build a paradigm of the subject in my mind. But I also like to understand the subject as a whole and how it fits into the overall body of knowledge. An example would be understanding Mechanical Engineering 204 in the context of physics and materials science.

No comments:

Post a Comment